- Proxy Hour Equivalent/Criteria for Awarding Proxy Hours: Clocktime is rounded off to the nearest quarter hour and multiplied by 1.25 to get the proxy hours which is added to the Burlington English monthly Proxy Report. Watch this UPDATED SCREENCAST COMING SOON (with audio) for a demonstration.
- New way (as of 1/7/2020) to run/access Proxy report
- Proxy Hour Documentation: Proxy Report accessed HERE. *It's very important that when learners login to BE, they choose the correct option, either At School (when they're in a class/lab and you ARE taking seat time attendance) or Away from School (when they're away from school, at home, OR in school/lab, but you're NOT taking seat time attendance for them).
- Prerequisites: CASAS Baseline Reading score 151+, CASAS Baseline Listening score 171+; TABE Baseline Reading score 225+; basic digital literacy skills. See Placement Chart.
- Web-based: Yes
- Available on tablets/smart phones: Yes, here. It's not truly an app, but rather a mobile-friendly website. Some BE content is there currently, and more will be added soon. The original desktop app still has all of the BE content. Download Instructions for iPhone; download Instructions for Android; access CASAS practice on a mobile device.
- Access: Cost paid by Minnesota State ABE via Technology Aid. Additional seats can be purchased for $96 per annual seat, paid by individual programs. Contact Amanda Perez for purchase information.
- Headphones/headset with microphone required. BE provides their own mics with seats - contact Amanda Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information on mic orders. Students can also purchase their own, like this one.
- Superuser: Adam Kieffer
- Trainer: JennaRose Dahl
- Recorded trainings: Access tutorials for Burlington English.
- QUICK GUIDES:
- TEACHER RESOURCES:
- BEST PRACTICES:
- MOBILE DEVICES:
Yes; contact email@example.com