DL Websites and other Resources
Distance Learning Websites and Online Resources
- Learning Express Library - A statewide collection of online library databases that contain magazines, journals, and encyclopedias, as well as a new collection of practice tests, ebooks, and tutorials. Descriptive flyer here.
- IDEAL Consortium - Provides information on many aspects of distance learning.
- OTAN: The Outreach and Technical Assistance Network - Provides electronic collaboration and information, and support for instructional technology and distance learning to literacy and adult education providers in California.
- Guide to Open Access Journals - A guide listing some open-access journal websites, as well as paid subscription databases that are still widely used by traditional college students.
- U.S Digital Literacy - Information and Media Literacy - Provides information on the changing nature of these literacies
- Media Smarts - Canada's Centre for Digital and Media Literacy
- Technology Integration and Blended Learning: There is a Difference - Discusses What the difference between technology integration and blended learning.
- Optimizing Computer Technology Integration - An article presenting the SAFE Model (seamless, appropriate, facilitated, empowering).
- The Power of Technology to Transform Adult Learning - Expanding Access to Adult Education and Workforce Skills Through Distance Learning (PDF) - A report including major recommendations to expand the use of technology and distance learning.
- Investigating the Language and Literacy Skills Required for Independent Online Learning (PDF) - A 2008 NIFL report that examines the minimal level of literacy and language proficiency needed for independent online internet learning.