DL Websites and other Resources
Distance Learning Websites and Online Resources
- Learning Express Library - A statewide collection of online library databases that contain magazines, journals, and encyclopedias, as well as a new collection of practice tests, ebooks, and tutorials. Descriptive flyer here.
- Project IDEAL - Provides information on many aspects of distance learning.
- AdultEd Online - A free, online tool to help teachers determine if they have the skills for distance teaching, and to help administrators assess their preparation to implement distance learning.
- OTAN: The Outreach and Technical Assistance Network - Provides electronic collaboration and information, and support for instructional technology and distance learning to literacy and adult education providers in California.
- The 30 best Web 2.0 Tools for Teachers (2012 edition) - "Contains dozens of the most popular tools being used in classrooms right now.” Resources, most of them free, cover diverse topics ranging from cloud computing software, ways to store homework and other assignments remotely, lesson-sharing, and dynamic presentations.
- Guide to Open Access Journals - A guide listing some open-access journal websites, as well as paid subscription databases that are still widely used by traditional college students.
- U.S Digital Literacy - Information and Media Literacy - Provides information on the changing nature of these literacies
- enGuage - 21st Century Skills - A report on Literacy in the Digital Age
- Media Smarts - Canada's Centre for Digital and Media Literacy
- Technology Integration and Blended Learning: There is a Difference - Discusses What the difference between technology integration and blended learning.
- Optimizing Computer Technology Integration - An article presenting the SAFE Model (seamless, appropriate, facilitated, empowering).
- The Power of Technology to Transform Adult Learning - Expanding Access to Adult Education and Workforce Skills Through Distance Learning (PDF) - A report including major recommendations to expand the use of technology and distance learning.
- Investigating the Language and Literacy Skills Required for Independent Online Learning (PDF) - A 2008 NIFL report that examines the minimal level of literacy and language proficiency needed for independent online internet learning.
- getting online/The Go Project - A comprehensive report on Canadian online learning.
- Measuring Contact Hours and Educational Progress in Distance Education Programs - a Project IDEAL report