Getting Started with Distance Learning
Follow these steps/best practices:
Second: Understand basics of ABE DL service delivery, and begin to think about developing an implementation plan
Third: Think about hiring staff - who will you need? What will they do?
Fourth: Set up a system for finding the right learners
Fifth: Set up a system for student intake and orientation
Sixth: Make sure you have a clear instructional system, including one or more DL platforms from the Approved Platforms list
Seventh: Set up a system for assessing student progress, and for tracking attendance and proxy hours
- Assessment and Reporting Resources
- How tp set up a DL class in SID
- Creating DL Class Names and other DL stuff in SID (slides)
Eighth: Complete your implementation plan.
- DL Plan Template
- Sample Implementation Plans
- Proxy Hour Calculation Excel doc for time on task reports
Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org