Approved DL Platforms
There are three categories of approved DL platforms available to Minnesota ABE:
- Those paid for and supported through state funding.
- Those that are free but without state support.
- Those that have a cost which is paid by ABE programs wishing to use these platforms.
All approved platforms are listed below by category. Each approved platform links to a page including proxy hour equivalents, criteria for awarding proxy hour equivalents with documentation required for proxy hours, prerequisites and level of students served, access information, and other resources. Many of the platform summaries include links to "super-users" - ABE staff with significant experience using the platform, who are willing to answer questions.
- To download a form to request proxy hour approval for a new platform, click here.
- To download a chart correlating appropriate student NRS levels with each platform, click here.
State Supported - These platforms are purchased at the state level and are free to all Minnesota ABE programs. Technical support is available at no cost:
- Burlington English (effective 7/1/16)
- i-pathways (formerly GED-i)
- Plato Edmentum (effective 7/1/16)
- Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment (effectibe 7/1/15)
- Skills Tutor (until 12/31/16)
Free - There is no license required to use these platforms, and thus no cost. Minnesota does not provide technical support for these platforms:
- Core Skills Mastery (CSM)
- Khan Academy
- USA Learns
Fee Based - Sites using these platforms need to purchase a license directly from the publisher. Minnesota does not provide technical suuport for these platforms:
- Apex Learning, Inc.
- Burlington English (if additional seats beyond those purchased by the state are needed)
- Career Ready 101
- Crossroads Cafe
- Easy ESL
- GED Academy
- Learner Web
- My Foundations Lab
- Putting English to Work
- Reading Horizons Elevate
- Rosetta Stone
- Teach Me English in ASL