Once the first step of finding and recruiting the right learners is accomplished, success depends on effective screening and orientation. This page links to resources that will help assess student technical skills and commitment, and support the establishmment of expectations and schedules.
- Characteristics of DL Learners (PPT)
- Northstar Digital Literacy Assessment
- Computer Skills Survey (PDF)
- Intake Survey with Directions (Project IDEAL)
- MN Online Readiness Quiz
- Online Learning readiness survey
- ELL DL Screener (for DVD and workpacket learners)
- Hubbs Center/St. Paul ABE DL Online Application/Screener
- Hubbs Center Online DL Intake Form (not a screening tool, but given after the application above)
- Project IDEAL DL 101 2012 Program Plans
- Succeeding in Online Courses - PPT for students (Hiawatha Valley)
- Orientation to Online Courses - PPT for students (Hiawatha Valley)
- Distance Learning Contract (not platform-specific)
- Orientation resources for specific DL platforms are listed here, under the relevant platforms.